Saturday, June 6, 2009

Interesting...

So i continue to learn...

Sitting in church tonight it started to sink in....how much God really loves us. It is incredible!!! I totally understand what Paul was talking about in Romans when He was fighting with his human nature. I find myself really wanting to grow closer to God, but it really is hard. Life seems to get in the way so easily. I really am trying...but then when i look at my actions, it seems like my want to strive for righteousness doesn't mean anything. I know its not true...God just wants us to try, but when i see myself not quite matching up with what i want...i get frustrated.

I'm really tryin to get my life together...but sometimes it feels like it's out of control. It definitely helps when I get encouragement like i did tonight. Corrie rocks!

hahaha. I sit in awe of how incredible God is and how much he deserves. We love because he first loved us. He gave us the perfect example of everything we should be on earth. When you really think of the ultimate sacrifice He gave us and the blessings he continues to give us every day, we owe Him our lives in service at least. My pastor pointed out such an amazing principle... God has always been searching for man. When He said this I kinda had to think about it cause growing up i heard, "God just wants you to take the first step and he'll be right there with you". But if you look in Genesis, when Adam and Eve ate from the tree and were trying to hide themselves...GOD came looking for Adam. He has and will always be persuing us! How incredible is that. Despite my inconsistancy and lack of faith...God never grows impatient and He continues to persue my heart. What a loving God I serve....How can I, and you wake up every morning and not praise Him for who He is. There is none like Him. There is no other name, given to man, by which we can be saved. He who had known no sin, BECAME sin and sacrificed his life, so that we may know God. When I think about these things they nearly bring tears to my eyes. God gave so much and most the time i give so little, and He loves me just the same.

I'm really rambling right now, but I just feel overwhelmed with grace and love right now, so deal with it. Buuut God is awesome and he continues to show me new things everyday =)


peace,

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. AMEN brother! Haha thanks for the shoutout. How awesome to serve a God who never gives up on us!

    ReplyDelete