Thursday, June 4, 2009

nuggets

dooo dee dooo dee dooooo...."OH, hey there! I didn't notice you..."


Ok so heres what i got for you'll tonight. Birthdays are all happy and perfect, right? hardly. Usually for me i end up losing my temper or being bummed out. This yr i didnt lose my temper, so it was automatically a decent day, but i am a bit bummed.

Life has been a little wishy washy recently. I have alot of free time on my hands and no money....which is a really bad combination. I should be spending it wisely, but who actually spends time wisely anymore?!?!
- so being kinda bummed, i opened the Bible. I didn't really find anything that stuck out to me so I picked up this devotional book i have of Max Lucado and read a bout a weeks worth of devotionals. I found 3 concepts i really needed to hear.

1. patience
2. perserverance
3. prayer

p.s. i really didnt try and do the alliteration thing, that was legit. im not baptist, trust me.

1. Patience is a gift of the Holy Spirit. It is a free gift that is given to us, but to develop it we have to be intune with the spirit inside of us. The Holy Spirit can only show you so much if you're not really working together. Good ole Max said to pray for patience if you dont have it. Keep keep keep praying for patience and you will get it, God will not grow impatient with you.

2. Perserverance. The new testament talks about this all the time, probably because of its importance, duh. Lucado uses the story of the fishermen out at sea. When they dropped there nights over and over and didnt get any fish all night. The Lord comes to them and tells them to drop their nets one more time...this story hit me hard tonight. When we(I) struggle through life, God sees it. It's not like he's standing in a corner with His hands up blocking is sight...He sees you. He knows you're struggling and he sees that your weak. Knowing all this He asks us to keep trying....just ooone more time. Push and push til you hit the wall, then push it over. This is a hard concept for me to actually apply cause its so much easier to give up. Refer to James 1 for more on the topic.

3. Prayer. Ok ok, show of hands....who doesn't worry? ..... ...... ...... right, me neither. It seems like worry has become a part of my life, and im sure someone else feels the same. That doesnt have to be the case. The Bible says to pray about everything, pray without ceasing, present your requests to God. Prayer is something that is so simple, yet so complex. Prayer relies on faith. I really really really need to work on this cause my prayer life has gotten laaaaame. I worry way to much and it's stressing me out lately...and those of you who know me, i never stress. so this is a big deal.

i guess they say you learn more in the low points of your life, right? well i sure hope so.


tryin to stay positive. life's tough =/

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment